We know that you can spend an entire day just happily scrolling through your Facebook page. But what is the harm in trying out something new that too when it’s for free! The only risk you run is getting into a whole new internet addiction. Here we have a list of 10 really cool things to do when in the cyberspace – some you may find useful while others are sheer fun!
1. Send files upto 1GB for free from Pando. That surely brings an end to your worries over sending large e-mail attachments, IM a folder, or upload videos or podcasts to the web.
2. Play hi quality games at BigPoint. The best part is that you can play directly in your browser, via Firefox or IE, all without having to download or install anything.
3. Find free wifi spots worldwide at Wi-Fi-FreeSpot. The Wi-Fi-FreeSpot Directory does not list private, residential locations, only publicly accessible locations.
4. Retouch your photos with GIMP that offers free photo manipulation software. Try the free and open source image editor. Pixlr is another cool choice.
5. Pondering over your dwindling finances? Try Mint that helps you keep easy track of your spending, for free.
6. Try IMSLP (International Music Score Library Project) – an online music directory, for some free downloadable sheet music.
7. Game for languages? Duolingo offers free language learning in French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese. Very useful!
8. Check out comic prospector to find and read comic books online for free.
9. In need for some mental therapy? Talk online privately with a trained active listener or therapist at 7 Cups of Tea.
10. Watch from tons of documentaries at DocumentaryHeaven, available online for free.